Adding, Managing, and Deleting Third-Party Sites (Review Generation)
Testimonial Tree offers the ability to send customers to third-party sites' "Leave a Review" page to leave you a testimonial and a high-star rating. For our purposes, third party sites are sites that are neither ours nor yours. This would include sites like Google, Zillow, Yelp, BBB, and the like. When a customer leaves a positive testimonial, the third-party sites are displayed to encourage the customer to visit the other sites in an attempt to help grow your online reputation and business (generating). You can also pull in existing and future reviews from these third-party sites (monitoring).
Note that testimonials captured by Testimonial Tree can not be auto-published to third-party sites, as these sites require a registered user to leave a review. Relatedly, reviews imported into your Testimonial Tree account from one third-party site can not be published to another third-party site. For example, Google reviews can not be sent to Zillow, etc.
This article will show you how to set up and manage third-party sites to both generate and monitor reviews.
Accessing the Review Generation Page
Log in to your Testimonial Tree account. In the navigation bar on the left, click on Review Generation and then Manage
Testimonial Tree offers a round robin method of collecting testimonials. If enabled, clients will be redirected to any Generation Enabled third-party sites you have added. This allows your clients to be directed to more than one third party site to leave you a great online review and stars.
If you add more than one third-party site and have all sites Generation Enabled, your first client who completes the survey and leaves 4 or 5 stars will be sent to the first site on the list. The second client who completes a survey and leaves 4 or 5 stars will be sent to the second site, and so on until the list is completed. Then the next client will be sent to the top of the list and the process repeats.
Settings (Parent and Admin Level)
The Review Generation page will open and here you will have several settings to choose from. (Note that these settings are only available in a Parent or Admin level account).
- Enable Review Generation: Make sure this toggle is on if you want to enable the review generation option
- Always show testimonial box: With this setting on, even if your client is sent to a third-party site, they will first have the opportunity to leave you a testimonial to be saved into our system's database. This increases your testimonial collection at the potential cost of a small decrease in third-party participation. With this setting off, you will only collect testimonials in the third-party round robin system when, in the round robin, that client is sent to Testimonial Tree and not to Google or any other third-party site.
- Direct Gmail users to Google Reviews: Gmail users will always be auto-redirected to your Google reviews page. This setting is for accounts who want more Google stars, reviews and presence
- Publish only 4 or 5 star ratings: Enable this if you only want 4 and 5 star reviews to publish to your widgets/website/syndications
- Enable Testimonial Tree link for Users: This will enable the testimonial box in the round robin option
- Redirect Users on survey completion: Users will be auto-redirected to your Generation Enabled third-party sites
- Inherit review sites from company: If enabled, child accounts will inherit the parent account sites
- Use intelligent weighting: NA
- Keep inherited weights static: NA
Enable Review Scraper
To insure Generation Monitoring will work after sites are added, in the parent account, click on your company icon/wheel icon in the upper right corner. Then click Settings. Under the User Permissions tab, navigate to the Collection section and click the box next to Enable Review Scraper. Then Save.
Adding a Site
Once you have your settings saved you can add a new site
On the Review Generation page, below settings, click on "+Add Site"
The Add Review Site page will open
The following third-party sites are built in and you can choose the appropriate one from the drop down in the Site field. (Note that all of these sites are available to all Testimonial Tree customers, but may not be relevant to your business or practice. If one or more of these sites are not of interest to you, simply leave them blank.)
- Consumer Affairs
Instructions specific to adding Google are here, Zillow here, and Facebook here.
After you have selected your site, you can enter a nickname if needed and paste in the URL's for both generation and monitoring. Select your Assigned User and Location if needed. Then, Save Changes.
This site is now added to your Review Generation page. If you also want to pull in existing reviews from this site and have any future reviews pulled into Testimonial Tree you would make sure Monitoring Enabled is toggled on. (Note that after completing these steps it does take up to 48 hours for reviews to populate from the third-party site into your account and then new reviews are pulled in on a weekly basis).
Add additional sites as needed.
Once your sites are in you can choose which to include in your round robin. In the below example Google, Facebook and Zillow have all been Generation Enabled so clients will be redirected to each of these sites on a round-robin basis.
You can also choose to only have one site Generation Enabled, which would mean all clients would be redirected to that site only.
Editing a Site
If you need to edit a site, click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the site. Click Edit Site and the Manage Review Site page will open. Make your edits then save and close.
Deleting a Site
To delete a site, click on the three dots on the right hand side of the site then click Delete Site.